Using The Library
You are looking for a book, DVD or audiobook? Check our catalog using key words, a title or an author’s name! If the item you are looking for is part of our collection but is not available, don’t hesitate to contact the library by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 02.41.24.97.07 to put it on hold. You will receive an email when it is returned!
SERVICES AND RESOURCES
The English-Language Library in Angers offers many services and resources!
- Access to books and a multimedia collection
- Various activities and programs
- Programs for schools
- Affiliations with schools and other libraries
- Monthly e-newsletter “Postcard from the Library”
- Internet access
- DVD viewing room (reservation required)
- Bulletin board for the public
- Guided visits for groups: a guided tour of the library, with an introduction to documentary research, can be organized for classes, clubs, and other groups. To make an appointment, please call 02.41.24.97.07 or click here to email us.
As a library member, you can borrow materials as follows:
- Members can check out 6 books, 2 audiobooks (CDs) and 2 DVDs at a time.
- This limit is doubled for families and during the summer break.
- The loan period is 3 weeks.
- A loan may be renewed once, except DVDs, unless the material has been reserved by another member.
- Overdue items accrue a late fee of 1 € for 15-30 days and 2 € for 31-60 days.
- Novels / Short Stories / Philosophy / Religion / Social Sciences / Linguistics / Languages / Sciences / Technology / Art / Literary Criticism / Poetry and Plays / Guides / Geography / History
- Children’s books marked with stickers of different colors that correspond to the level of reading
- Reference section, including dictionaries and encyclopedias
Don’t hesitate to check out our multimedia resources:
- Audiobooks (CDs)
We have three magazine/newspaper subscriptions:
- The Guardian (British Edition)
- The Connexion (French news in English)
- Time Magazine (European Edition)
The library offers free WIFI access and we have three computers for public use. Please note that the computers cannot be used for word processing and printing.