Using the library
SERVICES AND RESOURCES
At the English-Language Library in Angers, you can find:
- Access to books and multimedia collection
- Various activities and programs
- Guided visits for groups
- Programs for schools
- Affiliations with school and other libraries
- Monthly “Postcard from the Library” with news
- Internet access
- DVD viewing room ¹
- Bulletin board for the public
A guided tour of the English-language Library with an introduction to documentary research can be organized for classes, clubs, and other groups. To make an appointment, please call 02.41.24.97.07 or click here to email us.
- Members can check out six books, two audio cassettes and two DVDs at a time (this limit is doubled for sustaining members and families and during the summer break).
- The loan period is three weeks.
- A loan may be renewed once (except DVDs on the condition that the material has not been reserved by another member).
Each overdue item accrues a 1 € flat fee.
- Novels / Short Stories / Biographies / Philosophy / Religion / Social Sciences / Linguistics / Languages / Sciences / Technology / Art / Literary Criticism / Poetry and Plays / Guides / Geography / History
- Reference section including dictionaries and encyclopedias.
- Children’s books marked with stickers of different colors that correspond with the level of reading.
- Books read on CDs
- International Herald Tribune (The global edition of New York Times)
- Time International (General Interest) European edition
The library offers free WIFI access for its members. We have three computers for public use. Please note that the computers cannot be used for word processing or printing.