Dear friends of the English-language Library in Angers,
In 2022, our goal is to raise €12,000 in individual donations by the end of the year. We hope that you will consider making a first-time gift or renew your gift to the library.
Check out our fundraising video here!
Think of this!
- When you want to meet other English-speaking people in Angers, where do you go?
- When you are looking for your next new book, who do you ask?
- When you’re eager to get out of your house, where do you volunteer?
You, like thousands of others in our community, are an essential piece of the ELLIA puzzle. You are part of one of the biggest and most vibrant English-language communities in France!
A Third Space
For many of us, the ELLIA is one of our favorite “third spaces”–a space outside of home or work (or school) where we can go any time.
When we walk into the ELLIA, we might have a quick chat with Phoebe, Jo, Eva, Matthieu or the volunteer shelving books, learn about a fun upcoming event, and check out a new book to read–and all in English!
Finding a welcoming third place has been especially important during the COVID-19 pandemic as many of us are spending more time than ever at home. The library gives us a home away from home where we can speak and hear English and find instant community.
How do you fit into the ELLIA puzzle?
No matter how you fit into the puzzle, we are grateful for you and your support. The library is a non-profit and more than half of our funding comes from membership fees, programs, and donations from generous community members like you.
For nearly two decades, we received an annual gift from the Florence Gould Foundation and we are indebted to the foundation’s support in helping us flourish since our founding. The Florence Gould Foundation recently closed, so we are looking to close that gap in our budget.
What your gift helps to cover
- 50€ = one Children’s storytelling Hour
- 150€ = one Pizza and Board Games night
- 250€ = your support of the Public Speaking Competition for high school students
- 500€ = a shelf filled with newly-released books
- 1,000€ = your support for a future literary festival
Your gifts allow us to hold more than 1,000 events a year and to add to our collection of more than 27,000 books and materials.
You can donate
- online by clicking here
- or by sending in a check or cash and filling out this form by clicking here.
Don’t forget, you can enjoy a tax reduction of 66% of the amount you donate. In other words, if you donate 100€, the actual cost to you is 34€.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you at the library soon!
Gaëlle Delarboulas, Chairwoman of the library Board & Phoebe Marshall-Raimbeau, Director