Outside of the Library
IN A NUTSHELL…
- The library is spreading its wings! Thanks to the precious support of the Conseil Départemental de Maine-et-Loire, and the help of the Bibliopôle, we have been working hard to extend the collection of books in English out into the different corners of the Maine-et-Loire (cities under 10,000 inhabitants). Collections of books in English are now available in some of the libraries throughout the “departement” including:
- Beaufort en Vallée
- Communaté de Communes d’Ouest Anjou
- La Possonnière
- Mauges sur Loire
- Rochefort sur Loire
- Saint Barthélémy d’Anjou
- Saint Macaire en Mauges
- Please do not hesitate to contact these libraries for your books!
- Thanks to our dedicated volunteers, a collection of books is available in Chateau Gontier as well as a monthly conversation group at Le Carre.
- English books are also available in cities over 10,000 inhabitants:
Monthly book table & activities: the English-language Library offers a book table and activities at the “Médiathèque” in Saumur one Wednesday a month from 2 to 6 pm with the following program:
- From 2 to 6 p.m. -“Lending library”: for adults and children. Patrons of the “Médiathèque” may borrow English library books in Saumur using their membership card. Selection of books in English: 50 adult books (fiction and non-fiction), 50 children books and ten cds are available on these Wednesdays, and may be checked out until the following month. For special requests of titles, please inform us ahead of time and we would be happy to bring them along if they are available!
- From 3:30 to 4:00 p.m. & 4:30 to 5:00 p.m. – Children’s Hour: The activity offers songs, nursery rhymes, stories and games in English for children aged 3 to 10.
- From 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. – Conversation group in English for adults led by a native-English speaker (meets every two weeks)
- From 4 to 5 p.m. – Book Club: The Book Club meets once a month in the adult section of the “Médiathèque” to discuss a book selected, with Maggie Coleman
Creative Writing Workshop: join this creative writing group that takes place on one Saturday of each month from 3 to 5:30 p.m. For more information, please contact Anne Woodford by email.
“Book Depot”: Each month 50 adult books are left in the foreign languages section at the “Médiathèque” and 40 children books are left in the children’s section. You can borrow these books using your Saumur membership card.
If you want to develop a collection of English books in your city, do not hesitate to contact us by email email@example.com or by phone: 02 41 24 97 07.