Using The Library
SERVICES AND RESOURCES
At the English-Language Library in Angers, you can find:
- Access to books and multimedia collection
- Various activities and programs
- Guided visits for groups
- Programs for schools
- Affiliations with schools and other libraries
- Monthly e-newsletter “Postcard from the Library”
- Internet access
- DVD viewing room ¹
- Bulletin board for the public
A guided tour of the English-language Library with an introduction to documentary research can be organized for classes, clubs, and other groups. To make an appointment, please call 02.41.24.97.07 or click here to email us.
- Members can check out 6 books, 2 eBooks, 2 audio books (CDs) and 2 DVDs at a time (this limit is doubled for families and during the summer break).
- The loan period is three weeks.
- A loan may be renewed once, except DVDs, (on the condition that the material has not been reserved by another member).
Overdue items accrue a late fee of: 1 € for 15-30 days / 2 € for 31-60 days
- Novels / Short Stories / Philosophy / Religion / Social Sciences / Linguistics / Languages / Sciences / Technology / Art / Literary Criticism / Poetry and Plays / Guides / Geography / History
- Reference section including dictionaries and encyclopedias.
- Children’s books marked with stickers of different colors that correspond with the level of reading.
- Audiobooks (CDs)
The library offers free WIFI access for its members. We have three computers for public use. Please note that the computers cannot be used for word processing or printing.